World Animal Day 2021 is a day in which people from all over the world work for the betterment and rights of animals. It is celebrated on 4 October each year, the mission of World Animal Day is to improve welfare standards for animals around the world and work to make the world a better place for all animals.
World Animal Day 4 October 2021
In today’s post, we are going to give you complete information about World Animal Day and when and why is World Animal Day celebrated? How is International Animal Day celebrated? And what is the history of World Animal Day? I am going to tell you about all these.
Why is World Animal Day celebrated?
World Animal Day is celebrated on 4 October every year internationally to prevent cruelty and atrocities on animals and to make people aware of the rights and welfare of animals.
When was the first World Animal Day celebrated? World Animal Day was first celebrated on 4 October in 1929, it was started by the German author and publisher Heinrich Zimmermann with the aim of raising awareness of the welfare of animals.
History of World Animal Day
On March 24, 1925, World Animal Day was originally organized by a German named Heinrich Zimmermann (1887–1942), who was not only a writer, but also published a bi-monthly magazine. Named Mensch und Hund / Man And Dog, he used the magazine as a medium to promote his views on animal welfare and to establish the World Animal Day Committee.
On 24 March 1925, his committee organized World Animal Day. They organized it at the Sports Palace in Berlin, Germany to raise awareness about animal welfare issues of the time, and about 5,000 people took part in the first event. And the event was marked with the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi which was the 4th of October. Francis of Assisi had seen the plight of the animals around him with his own eyes and wanted to cure their pain.
Over the next few years, the event was held every year and in 1929, it was held on 4 October. And finally in May 1931 the resolution to celebrate 4 October as World Animal Day was adopted by the International Animal Protection Congress in Florence Italy. Since then, today World Animal Day is celebrated for the betterment of animals all over the world. And in 2003 the Naturewatch Foundation launched a website focused on World Animal Day.
Why is World Animal Day celebrated? (Objective)
In fact, the day of World Animal Protection Day is celebrated to save animals and spread awareness about them. It is celebrated for many other purposes which are as follows:
- Preventing human cruelty to animals,
- Preserving the forests created by nature for animals,
- Respecting the feelings of animals, improving the condition of animals,
- Promotion of veterinary medicine and conservation,
- To save species that are on the verge of extinction,
- Controlling wild life, animals also have life like humans, so they also deserve respect.
World Animal Day 2021 Theme
Every year World Animal Day is based on a particular theme and through this theme people have to be aware or focus on a particular topic.
Theme of World Animal Day 2021 this year “Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet” has been kept, while last year the theme of World Animal Day 2020 was “Man and Dog”.
How is World Animal Day celebrated?
- World Animal Day is celebrated in different ways in different places around the world and many programs and activities are also organized.
- On this day many animal awareness programs, campaigns to stop animal cruelty and harassment and marathons etc. are organized.
- Along with this, works like adopting pets and providing shelter to homeless animals are also done, even some assistance can be provided for pets and their animals.
- Not only this, many conferences and seminars are also arranged for the animal organization and other laws made for the animals to be discussed with the people.
World Animal Day Significance and last words
Man has been a very selfish creature from the very beginning, who has also exploited the earth completely by crossing all limits. Today man has destroyed many animals and natural elements present on the earth as well as many trees and plants, many species have become extinct and some are on the verge of extinction.
If no concrete steps are taken regarding all these, then soon the life of man on earth will also end. In such a situation, to maintain balance on the earth, it is necessary to maintain balance with animals, plants and animals.
World Animal Day Quotes and Slogans 2021
On the occasion of World Animal Day, you can share the quotes with your friends, relatives and loved ones and make them aware about the importance of animals by posting them on social media.
- Life is as dear to a silent creature as it is to a human.
- The eyes of an animal have a great power to speak language
- If a soul means being able to feel love and loyalty and gratitude, then animals are better than humans
- Animals are nothing but living beings, worthy of our compassion, respect, friendship and support
- The ability to distinguish between right and wrong is the only thing that separates us from animals and this thing is inside every human being.
- The bird world is an indicator of the environment, if they are in trouble then we should understand that our bad days are not far away.
- The main difference between a human and a dog is that if you feed a hungry dog and enrich it, it will not bite you.