Last Updated on 24 September 2023 IST | World Tourism Day 2023: Everyone likes to travel. People get bored with their work and often think to roam so that they feel freshness and new hopes arise. It is the dream of every person to go on a world tour, travel around the world, to know about the environment, lifestyle and food there. Traveling to new places somewhere outside has its own fun, which gives peace to our mind and awakens enthusiasm. If you are fed up with your boring life and want to do world tour and are planning for it then World Tourism Day will be the best opportunity for you.
World Tourism Day 2023 Date
World Tourism Day is a special day for all of us. Every year on 27th September this day is celebrated as a festival. Every year World Tourism Day is celebrated with a new theme and many campaigns are also run with the aim of spreading awareness about tourism to the tourists. Every year we celebrate this day with a specific theme and purpose, so that the awareness of this day increases among the people of the international community.
World Tourism Day 2023 Celebrated
World Tourism Day is celebrated every year on 27 September across the world.
Theme for World Tourism Day 2023
The theme for World Tourism Day 2023 is “Tourism and Green Investment“.
What is Tourism?
Tourism is such a pleasant journey which is a pleasant and full of entertainment part of your leisure moments. Tourism is considered to be an important means of entertainment because a person gets bored while living in one place, he feels like traveling to new places, regions, countries and seeing new things. One feels good by traveling to new areas. Tourism is such a pleasant journey which is a pleasant and full of entertainment part of your leisure moments.
According to the World Tourism Organization, tourists are wave people who travel to live in areas outside their normal environment. This is a tour which is done for more than 1 year for other purposes like entertainment. It is not related to any activities or activities at that place. Tourism is a way to spend some comfortable time which has become very popular among the people.
What is World Tourism?
Traveling around the world to any country (for the purpose of traveling and spending leisure time) is called world tourism. The constitution of the World Tourism Organization was adopted in 1970. World Tourism Day was designated and established by the World Tourism Organization in September 1979.
- It was started from September 27 in 1980, since then this day is celebrated and organized every year. The main reason for choosing this date was to accept the UNWTO law of 1970.
- Theme of 1980:- Contribution of tourism to the preservation of cultural heritage and peace and mutual understanding. The 40th year of World Tourism Day was completed in the year 2020. This year’s theme was ‘Tourism and Rural Development’.
- And the aim of this theme was to provide employment and economic empowerment to the rural people by centralizing the rural communities.
- This day plays an important role in maintaining the cultural and natural heritage. The main objective of celebrating World Tourism Day is to promote tourism awareness to the international community, to make everyone aware about the role of tourism and its impact.
- How global tourism helps or helps in the promotion of social, economic, political and cultural values and what an important role it plays in this.
International Tourism Report of different years:-World Tourism Day 2023
According to the 2017 report, 1323 million tourists had traveled from one country to another. In this year, India had the highest number of foreign travelers to South Asian countries, due to which its position remained on the top.
This year saw an increase of 84 million tourists as compared to 2016, which became a new record for the tourism sector. The World Tourism Day for the year 2019 was hosted by India (New Delhi) for the first time and the theme of this year was “Tourism and Employment – A Better Future for All”.
According to the report, there was a decline of about one billion in 2020, ie 73% in international tourist arrivals and in the first quarter of 2023 or the decline increased to 88%. According to the report received, international tourist arrivals in 2007 were more than 103 million, an increase of 6.6 percent compared to 2006.
International tourist arrivals in 2007 were USD 856 billion
So there was an increase of 5% of arrivals in the first 4 months of 2008. This increase was similar to the increase achieved in the same period in 2007.
Number of tourists and their places of travel every year (World Tourism Day 2023)
- By the way, most of the tourists go to visit the regions of their own country. Yet it is followed by half the international arrivals from around the world.
- The 2016 report had 616 million tourist arrivals. Of which 25% were from Asia/Pacific region (ie 308 million), 16% from Americas (ie 200 million).
- Asia and the Pacific received the largest number of tourists at 9% in 2016, followed by Africa at 8% and the Americas at 3%.
List of tourist destinations in India on World Tourism Day 2023
India is a very beautiful country and there are many tourist places here but we want to give you the list and information of some major tourist places here. Where people from all countries come to visit and these are the places that attract every tourist. India is a country where people of many religions, castes and languages live together, so all the tourist places of India are also full of all qualities and characteristics.
So let us tell you about those places.
Delhi tourist places
Delhi which is the capital of India as well as the home of millions of tourists, Delhi is a city full of beautiful historical buildings.
Which is famous in every corner of the world due to its features and beauty. People from every country come to the city of Delhi to visit and spend time.
Kashmir Tourist Places
Kashmir is the most beautiful and important part of India. Due to its natural beauty, this city is also called the paradise of India. Tourists come from far and wide to see and visit this square. The snowy mountains, green trees and beautiful lakes present here tell its specialty.
These tourist places are best for tourists
Varanasi Tourist Place
Banaras is especially known for its beautiful religious places. The rivers and ghats here are famous far and wide. A lot of international tourists come here to see the culture and religiosity of this city.
Leh-Ladakh Tourist Place
Leh-Ladakh is a beautiful tourist destination covered with snow cover located in the eastern part of Jammu and Kashmir. Every tourist thinks of traveling in this region. This city is the best for tourism in the summer season.
Agra Tourist Place
The Taj Mahal located in Agra is one of the world famous buildings which was built as a sign of love. It is one of the seven wonders of the world. Every year more than 3 million tourists come to see the Taj Mahal of Agra.
Jaipur of Rajasthan which is also known as Pink City. It is the main city of India, which is a beautiful tourist destination decorated with ancient buildings and forts, where all the native and foreigners come to see its view.
Himachal Pradesh Tourist Places
The Himalayan mountain landscape of Himachal Pradesh is one of the famous places known for various outdoor activities like skiing.
Darjeeling tourist places
Darjeeling is one of the major tourist destinations in India. This tourist place is also known as the queen of hills. It has many other attractive places like beautiful tea leaf plantations and Tiger Hill.
List of major international tourist destinations and expenses incurred by tourism:
- France (82,600,000 tourists), $42.5 billion
- United States (75,600,000 tourists), $205.9 billion
- Spain (75,600,000 tourists), $60.3 billion
- China (59,300,000), $44.4 billion
- Italy (52.4 million), $34.2 billion
- United Kingdom(35,800,000), $39.6B
- Germany(35,600,000), $39.6B
- Mexico (35,000,000 tourists)
- Thailand(32,600,000) $49.9 billion
According to Turkey (39,500,000)-2015 records. Countries benefit and increase due to tourists (World Tourism Day 2023) The purpose of tourism day is to create interest in people towards tourism, to increase enthusiasm. Many countries and regions benefit economically from the flow of tourists.
According to UNDWTO – it is economically ranked number three in tourism sectors, that is, it remains the world’s third largest exporting area. Tourist arrivals from all over the world generated $1300 billion in income for visiting countries in 2017, representing a 5% annual growth rate.
And in the same interval, the export of international tourism was $ 1600 billion, that is, exports of $ 4 billion per day. This export is 7% of the total worldwide exports. The number of foreign tourists visiting India in 2016 is 1.45 and it is coming to 22.42 billion dollars. So in 2017, the number of foreign tourists was 1.55 million and income was $ 27.6 30 billion. There were 25 million international tourist arrivals in the year 1950, which increased to 1.3 billion in 2019, resulting in the tourism industry contributing 10% of the world GDP. In 2018 the GDP was paid 9.2.
World Tourism Day 2023 Messages, Quotes and Slogans
Read Motivational and Inspiration Quotes, Messages and Slogans about World Tourism Day
World Tourism Day Messages
- The world is nothing but it is a book and travel is the best way to read that book. Those who do not miss to enjoy reading this beautiful book…!
- On the occasion of World Tourism Day I wish you to be blessed with more and more vacations to see more and more new places and create beautiful memories for others to follow.
- Don’t wait to reach the destination but enjoy the journey. Enjoy what you see when you travel instead of worrying about potholes in the road.
- If you want to live life well, then start traveling from today.
World Tourism Day Quotes in English
- “The journey is the destination.” – Don Alden
- “Travelling Reveals What Everyone Knows About Other Countries Wrong.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Travel is used to regulate fantasy with reality, instead of thinking how things can be, see them for what they are.” – Samuel Johnson
- It is only by traveling that a person gets knowledge of the world.
World Tourism Day Slogans in English
- Every year visit a place where you have never been before.
- When you are traveling, the thrill of life is always alive.
- To make your life more meaningful, travel more and more as it is the best way to learn.
- Traveling is all about knowing, learning and embracing. It is all about becoming a better person.
- When you travel, you are a different person, become a better person.
- The person who does not travel misses an aspect of the beauty of life.
- Celebration of Tourism Diversity.
- A Festival of Tourism is a Culture.
- Do visit any other country on World Tourism Day.